Friday, August 3, 2012

Oh, Far


Okay, my Italia adventures will be coming in the next post. I’ve been too busy being forced volunteering to clean out the house with my Dad, and catching up with some old high school friends. I had a weird dream about eating kanelstang last night; imagine how disappointed I was to awaken and discover that not only was I not at Holm’s Bageri, but my Dad had also eaten all of my greek yogurt and muesli.  His response? “I had to see if this European stuff was any good. Needs some sugar. Maybe a lot of sugar. Why don’t you like Cheerios? Cheerios are much better for you; they have…grains.”

Speaking of my father, now that’s he’s officially retired, he is officially around the house 24-7, except for when he’s golfing. However, he only golfs from 7 AM – 11 AM, and I usually don’t wake up until at least 9:30 AM, so that’s a great big hunk of togetherness time. I have always thought that my Dad was one of my more sane family members, but I’m starting to see the cracks.

Here are his best moments from the past week:

*Dad playing with his new iPad*
Dad: “What’s YouTube?”
Me: “Hahahah, you’re funny. Have you been living under a rock since the early 2000s?!”
Dad: “Well, I have heard the name, but what does it do?”


Me: “Dad, I’m going to make some banana bread this afternoon, after you clean the kitchen.”
Dad: “ Great idea.”
                                           *4 hours later*
Me: “What happened to the bananas in the kitchen?”
Dad: “ Oh, I threw them away. They were almost about to go bad. Why?”
Me: “WHAT THE…why would you do that?! I told you that I was going to make banana bread!”
Dad: “You need bananas to do that?”
Me; “Please tell me you’re kidding.”
Dad: “Well, I don’t bake, jeez.”


 Dad: “Sara, what would you do without me?”
Me: “Probably not be so annoyed all the time.”
                                     *Dad looks sad*
Me: “I’M KIDDING! Don’t be sad.”
Dad: “Got you! …I would definitely golf more if you weren’t around.”


Dad: "…do ATM’s in Copenhagen give out dollar bills?”
Me: “That’s a nej.”

No comments:

Post a Comment